What is community led housing? What are the practicalities of helping communities build genuinely affordable homes? This free conference gives an insight into developing housing solutions for communities - from funding and finance, to planning and development of solutions.
Interest in community led housing is growing. The government's Community Housing Fund and other resources are now available to help increase the number of affordable homes developed by communities themselves.
Making the most of these opportunities is vital to helping communities solve housing problems by creating homes that local people can afford to live in.
This FREE conference will provide an insight into the local, community and national perspective on community led housing.
Find out about practical planning and land solutions that could kick-start a community led housing project in your area.
Hear how a local community built their own affordable homes.
- Helen Fielding, Senior Specialist, Homes England
- Tom Chance, Director, National Community Land Trust Network
- Jo Lavis, Director, Rural Housing Solutions
- Martin Booth, Project Manager, Hudswell Community Charity
- James Newton, Director, YorSpace
- Sarah Hall, Housing Strategy Manager, York, North Yorkshire & East Riding LEP
- Neil Swain, MD, Swain Estate Management
- The community experience
- Practical advice on planning and land issues
- Funding and finance advice
- Supporting communities
Who should attend:
This FREE event is aimed at: developers, land agents, architects, surveyors, district and county councillors, community leaders, housing enablers, planning and housing officers, housing associations and other people involved in promoting and planning affordable housing schemes.
This event is part of a national series of events funded by the Nationwide Foundation and coordinated by ACRE (Action with Communities in Rural England).
15 Priory Street
York, YO1 6ET