Community First Yorkshire is working with West Yorkshire Community Accounting Service (WYCAS) to offer this training session. The specialist and highly knowledgeable team at WYCAS offer you training to help you to better manage your finances and meet the various regulatory requirements allowing you to focus on delivering your services.
Finance is not just for the Treasurer! This training session is aimed at trustees to help them feel confident requesting information and asking questions about their charity’s finances.
Some of the questions answered include:
- Are you aware of the financial guidance provided by the Charity Commission and what it means?
- Are you confident that you understand your financial and related reports?
- Do you know how (or if) your budget is produced?
- Do you know what policies and procedures on finance are required?
Who should attend?
This training is more suitable for established organisations that have been operating for a few years.
What will I learn?
The training will give trustees an understanding of:
- What questions should be asked on the accounts
- Why the presentation and style of your reports is important
- Key features on reports, can you spot any trends or potential problems
- Key features on developing a budget
- Why you need financial policies and procedures
- How to develop and use a reserves policy
- What to do in the case of insolvency
About the trainer
The training will be delivered by Dave Collins of WYCAS. Dave is Senior Community Accountant and Community Accountant for Bradford.
This event is free to organisations in North Yorkshire with an income of up to £5K thanks to funding from North Yorkshire County Council. If you fail to attend without giving 7 days cancellation notice you will be invoiced for our standard event rate of £24 (£20 + VAT).
Places for other organisations are £24 each (£20 + VAT).
There is no parking at the venue but there are long stay pay and display car parks in Millgate YO7 1PE, Marage YO7 1PE or Nursery YO7 1FT – all are £3.20 per day.
If you have any questions about the event please contact Nina Muir firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about booking or invoicing please contact email@example.com or telephone 01904 704177.
Thirsk, NYK YO7 1QS
|Standard fee||£ 24.00 (includes VAT of £ 4.00)|
|Concessionary fee||£ 0.00 (includes VAT of £ 0.00)|