Walk Assistant Leader
• Undertaking routes beforehand to make sure you know them.
• Welcoming participants to the route, particularly new people.
• Where required, meeting participants at their home and escorting them to the walk and back home.
• Assisting the Walk Leader to manage the walk through middle and back marking.
• Making sure walks are welcoming, friendly, enjoyable and safe.
• Trouble shooting and dealing with problems on walks.
• Providing information about other walks and activities offered by Experience Community CIC.
• Attending occasional volunteer meetings and training sessions.
• Friendly, welcoming and empowering with good communication skills.
• Observant and sensitive to the needs of others.
• Knowledgeable about the basics of the benefits of walking and physical activity.
• Reliable, punctual, honest and well-organised.
• Able to work independently but with guidance and support.
• Understanding of disabled peoples’ needs.