Cycle Assistant Leader
• Observe instructions from staff as to cycle route and risk assessment prior to activity.
• Assist cycle leader to carry out pre-ride cycle checks and be observant as to faults as they arise.
• Welcoming participants to the route, particularly new people.
• Assist the cycle leader in managing different pace riders in the group, taking instruction from the cycle leader and supporting the group accordingly.
• Ensuring paperwork like registration forms and registers are completed.
• Making sure rides are welcoming, friendly, enjoyable and safe.
• Trouble shooting and dealing with problems as they arise.
• Providing information about other rides offered by Experience Community CIC.
• Attending occasional volunteer meetings and training sessions.
• Comply with the Highway Code and public rights of way (where relevant).
• Act in accordance with the Data Protection Act/GDPR and comply with Experience Community policy.
• Wear branded kit where requested.
• Friendly, welcoming and empowering with good communication skills.
• Observant and sensitive to the needs of others.
• Knowledgeable about the basics of the benefits of cycling and physical activity.
• A confident cyclist and able to assist in leading groups on the road without hesitation.
• Reliable, punctual, honest and well-organised.
• Able to work independently but with guidance and support.
• Confident at speaking in front of small groups.
• Able to take control and be assertive when needed.
• Understanding of disabled peoples’ needs.