with The Milton Rooms
Our current marketing lead is moving on at the end of August and we are seeking a suitable replacement to continue and expand our event marketing activities and lead the team.
Our main focus is arts/entertainment event marketing and which is typically geared to marketing both the overall events programme and an average of 6 individual events per month.
Since 2015 the marketing team has:
- Established a new brand identity and significantly raised awareness and visibility of the venue and its programme
- Established a new WordPress event-driven website
- Established a strong and very active Facebook presence as well as Twitter and Instagram accounts
- Implemented online ticketing (Ticketsource)
- Implemented highly interactive monthly newsletter and adhoc bulletins (Mailchimp)
- Instigated professionally designed posters/flyers
- Provided regular offline advertising via local and regional/press (Gazette & Herald/Handymag)
- Provided professional press releases
Working with professional editorial and journalist volunteers, the marketing lead is responsible for ensuring that the events programme and all individual events are marketing and publicised in a timely fashion and via a range of, value for money, online and offline media. A new marketing budget is currently being prepared.
The incumbent will be encouraged to introduce new ideas and actions to help develop the marketing effort further in order to continue to build audience engagement and grow ticket sales.
A certain level of audience research has been previously undertaken with reference to local and regional demographics and Audience Agency data and this will be made available to the incumbent.
This is a key and critical role and will appeal to a well-organised person who thrives on responsibility, building audience reach and engagement and working within an events-centric environment.
This is a great opportunity to experience helping to further develop an important community and public asset which provides the southern Ryedale population with a thriving arts and entertainment events programme.
This role requires proven marketing experience (offline and digital) although not necessarily gained in the entertainment/events sector.
Good general ICT skills are also required and email competence is a must.
There is also an expectation that this role will be responsible for the hands-on management of the online ticketing system (e.g. add/edit events and seating plans etc.)
Some hands-on graphic design ability (e.g. Adobe InDesign) would be a bonus but not critical as most graphic requirements can be outsourced if necessary. Ditto any hands-on website /social media content management ability.