To help raise money and charity awareness in local communities by attending and hosting annual events e.g. local fetes, sponsored events, sports events, agricultural shows, fashion shows, coffee mornings, bric-a-brac stalls, gin tastings etc.
Established in October 2000, Yorkshire Air Ambulance is a rapid response emergency service dedicated to the people of Yorkshire. We currently have two aircraft that serve the whole region. These aircraft operate from our Air Support Units at Nostell Priory in Wakefield and at RAF Topcliffe in North Yorkshire. Each aircraft carries a crew of one Pilot and two Paramedics, or a Paramedic and a consultant, and all the medical equipment that you would expect to find in a land ambulance. The service is available 365 days a year.
As a charity, we receive only a small amount of government funding that is in the form of paramedics and doctors seconded from the National Health Service to work on board the aircraft as air crew paramedics. All other costs are met by the generosity of the people and companies of Yorkshire.
To keep both of Yorkshire’s Air Ambulances maintained and in the air it costs the Charity £12,000 every single day, which is the equivalent to £4.4M a year.
Fundraising is paramount to the continued success of the Air Ambulance service within Yorkshire and volunteers play a major part in its continued development.
• Flexible and "can-do" attitude
• Experience in a customer facing role, ability to talk to members of the general public
• Comfortable with handling and counting money in line with charity procedures
• The ability to use a computer and send emails
• The ability to use Microsoft Word
• Be able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
• The ability to inspire people about the work of the Yorkshire Air Ambulance
• The ability to act in accordance to YAA policies and procedures
• Effective communication skills
• Reliability and punctuality
• Ability to network and travel around the local area
• Have access to you own vehicle is desirable