Public Speaker/Cheque Presentation Speaker
To help raise awareness of the charity and to give an insight in what it takes to keep this vital service flying we attend over 500 talks every year to groups, clubs and organisations. The talks we attend can vary from a simple 5 minute thank you to a full, hour long presentation and we train our volunteers to be equipped with the right information and to be comfortable adapting the presentation to suit the audience. This is a challenging, but very rewarding role.
YAA also receives donations from various groups, businesses and organisations and many of our supporters like to have a representative attend their fundraising event or visit their premises for a personal thank you. This often involves a photo opportunity and/or a thank you speech to the people that have raised the money.
• Confident public speaker
• Experience in a customer facing role, ability to talk to members of the general public
• Effective communication skills
• The ability to use a computer and send emails
• The ability to use Microsoft Word and Powerpoint
• Be able to set up a projector
• Be able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
• Flexible and adaptable, quick thinking problem solver
• Reliable and punctual
• The ability to inspire people about the work of the Yorkshire Air Ambulance
• Ability to network and travel around the local area
• Have access to you own vehicle is desirable