Charity Retail Volunteer - Harrogate Martin House Shop
Many of our 400 volunteers give their time in our retail outlets across the region. Working alongside the shop managers, you’ll become part of a team which generates as much income as possible to support our children, young people and families.
Volunteering in our shops can provide valuable experience in customer service, social interaction, shop merchandising and pricing items for sale. Our retail volunteers work in shifts, often donating one or two mornings or afternoons per week, but two hours once a week is also valuable. Hours are flexible to suit the volunteer and the relevant shop. If you could spare a few hours a week (between 10am-4pm, Monday to Saturday) we would love your support.
All our shops are Covid-safe and full training will be given by the shop manager regarding our social-distancing measures. The volunteer role involves:
• Ensuring quality customer service
• Introducing Gift Aid to donors
• Promoting the Martin House Lottery
• Sort and steaming clothes
• Serving customers
• Housekeeping and merchandising.
No previous experience is necessary. Support you will receive from Martin House, and your involvement in our organisation includes:
• Regular contact with the manager responsible for the area with which you will volunteer
• You will gain valuable experience and understanding of the services Martin House offers
• You will be part of the work of a highly regarded UK charity
• We will reimburse reasonable expenses
• Full training and supervision will be given as appropriate for the volunteering role
• Volunteers are invited to attend an annual hospice-wide training day which includes other areas of our work
• Volunteers are invited to join the Martin House Volunteer Forum (more information available on request)
• We ask all our volunteers to follow Martin House policies and procedures
• We will need you to complete documentation relating to the role.