Charity Retail Volunteer - Skipton Martin House Shop
You are invited to join the friendly team in our Skipton charity shop! Many of our 400 volunteers support us in this way. We are looking to add to our team of people who are happy to give half a day or a couple of hours a week (or more!) serving customers on the shop floor. You will be providing invaluable support to our retail provision, generating income for Martin House Hospice for Children and Young People.
Whether you're a 'people-person' who would enjoy greeting and serving our customers, or you're more suited to a behind-the-scenes role, where you would sort and prepare donations, we'd love to hear from you!
We take the safety of our retail volunteers seriously. All our shops are Covid-safe, with full risk assessments in place. Our till areas are protected by sneeze-guards. We have gloves and masks available. We have hand-sanitiser to be used by staff, volunteers, and members of the public.
There are excellent public transport links to the shop, which is located centrally within the town.
No previous experience is necessary. Support you will receive from Martin House, and your involvement in our organisation includes:
• Regular contact with the manager responsible for the area with which you will volunteer
• You will gain valuable experience and understanding of the services Martin House offers
• You will be part of the work of a highly regarded UK charity
• We will reimburse reasonable expenses
• Full training and supervision will be given as appropriate for the volunteering role
• Volunteers are invited to attend an annual hospice-wide training day which includes other areas of our work
• Volunteers are invited to join the Martin House Volunteer Forum (more information available on request)
• We ask all our volunteers to follow Martin House policies and procedures
• We will need you to complete documentation relating to the role.