A volunteer with some fundraising knowledge, skills and expertise is sought to help raise more funding and secure the future of the DalesBus network.
Each year Dales and Bowland Community Interest Company needs to raise around £100,000 to provide our bus services which facilitate access into and around the Yorkshire Dales.
Over the last few years there has been a significant drop in funding support from the public sector so we now need to seek funding from commercial sponsors, charitable trusts, local charities, local businesses and individual donations as well as organising fundraising events.
Key tasks include:
• Online research to identify possible sources of funding
• Initial approaches to potential funders online and by phone
• Preparation and submission of funding applications
• Documentation of applications made and responses received
• Liaison with other volunteers
• Identification of ways we can improve our fundraising
Fundraising experience would be great, but we will also consider related skills and experience, such persuasive writing, sales, project planning etc.
• Need to be experienced using Microsoft Office software, the internet and email
• Need to be able to follow fundraising best practice
• Good teamwork and communication skills are essential