with Whitby in Bloom
With a tag line of ‘Horticulture, Heritage & Bloomin' Heart’, Whitby In Bloom is a volunteer led organisation that supports the local economy and encourages tourism by ensuring that Whitby is cared for, free from litter and adorned with beautiful floral gardens and a thriving wildlife habitat.
Supporting us provides you with the ability to make a difference to the horticulture of Whitby and contribute to the community. This is a great opportunity to be part of a high profile, well respected national competition, Britain in Bloom. It offers personal development prospects and experiences, networking opportunities and interaction with other volunteers, supporters, and local authority representatives. It would be a great addition to any C.V.
TITLE: Secretary (Honorary, although we will cover all legitimate expenses)
HOURS: ~8 hours/month – including a minimum of four (currently virtual) meetings.
REPORTS TO: Chair
• To ensure that committee meetings are properly administrated.
• To ensure other meetings, such as the AGM, and events are properly administrated.
• Keep membership records updated.
• Monitor committee member action points.
• Plan and prepare the committee meetings and the AGM with others as appropriate.
• Planning of meeting dates, sending out notifications, minutes, and other papers.
• Drawing up agendas together with the Chair.
• Minute committee discussions.
• Accurately record decisions and actions in the minutes and report to the next committee meeting on the progress of actions and the result of decisions.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date membership and volunteer hours records.
• Deal with correspondence, writing letters/emails as agreed at committee meetings, summarising correspondence/emails received at the next committee meetings and drafting replies as appropriate.
• Plan for any necessary reporting to be done. For example, the annual report to members.
• To be organized and methodical
• Computer literate.
• Able to keep accurate records.
• Has the relevant skills to organize a meeting.