Volunteer Retail Assistant - Northallerton Shop
Our Volunteer Retail Assistants play an essential role in the smooth running of our shops while raising vital funds for Yorkshire Cancer Research. Whether you’re interested in working front of house welcoming and serving customers, keeping the shop floor tidy and fresh, or organising stock behind the scenes, we encourage you to apply.
This is an excellent opportunity if you want to gain experience in the customer service and retail sector but would also suit someone who wishes to use their existing skills. Volunteering in our retail team is also an excellent way to make new friends and have fun.
There is no minimum time commitment that we expect from our volunteers so whether you can do a few hours a week or once a month, we’ll do our best to offer a role that fits in with your schedule. No previous experience is necessary as training will be provided.
Typical activities may include;
• Providing a warm and friendly welcome to customers and donors
• Sorting and categorising donated items
• Assisting customers with purchases and enquiries
• Pricing stock and processing Gift Aid donations
• Organising and re-stocking displays
• Creating eye-catching and stylish window displays
• Keeping the shop tidy, clean and well organised
What we’re looking for;
• Strong communication and teamwork skills
• Strong customer service skills
• A friendly and approachable manner
• The ability to show initiative
• An enthusiastic and helpful attitude
• Reliability is essential