Volunteer Van Driver
Our Volunteer Van Drivers play an essential role in the smooth running of our retail outlets while raising vital funds for Yorkshire Cancer Research. We are looking for volunteers to assist with the collection and distribution of stock between our Donation Centre and our four shops, and also collect donated items from households in the local area. If you’ve held a driving licence for over two years and feel comfortable driving a van we would love to hear from you.
There is no minimum time commitment that we expect from our volunteers so whether you can do a few hours a week or once a month, we’ll do our best to offer a role that fits in with your schedule. No previous experience is necessary as training will be provided.
• Packing and loading/unloading the charity van
• Delivery and collection of donated items in the charity van
• Helping to plan routes and delivery schedules
• Assist in maintaining van to a good standard and promptly reporting any defects.
• Communicating with members of the public when picking up donations
What we’re looking for;
• Someone who is reasonably active – this role involves lots of lifting, bending and carrying
• Full driving licence
• A careful and considerate driver who is comfortable driving a van
• Good driving and navigation skills
• Good time keeping skills
• Strong communication and teamwork skills
• An enthusiastic, courteous, and helpful attitude
• Reliability is essential