Volunteer Driver (own car)
Our Volunteer Drivers play an essential role in the smooth running of our retail outlets while raising vital funds for Yorkshire Cancer Research. We are looking for volunteers to assist with the collection and distribution of stock between our Donation Centre and our four shops, and also collect donated items from households in the local area. If you enjoy driving, have access to your own vehicle and have time to spare we would love to hear from you.
Typical activities may include;
• Packing and loading/unloading your own vehicle
• Delivery and collection of donated items in your own vehicle
• Planning your route and delivery schedules
• Communicating with members of the public when collecting donated items
There is no minimum time commitment that we expect from our volunteers so whether you can do a few hours a week or once a month, we’ll do our best to offer a role that fits in with your schedule. No previous experience is necessary as training will be provided.
What we’re looking for;
• Someone with access to their own, fully insured vehicle
• A full driving licence
• Someone who is reasonably active – this role involves lots of lifting, bending and carrying
• Good driving and navigation skills
• Good time keeping skills
• An enthusiastic, courtous and helpful attitude
• Reliability is essential