Volunteer Donations Assistant - Harrogate
Our Volunteer Donation Assistants play an essential role in the smooth running of our retail outlets while raising vital funds for Yorkshire Cancer Research.
The majority of our shops don’t have a lot of space to store donated stock, so our donation centre is a vital resource to enable us to keep more stock, organise goods for sale and to get the right items out to the most suitable shop.
There is no minimum time commitment that we expect from our volunteers so whether you can do a few hours a week or once a month, we’ll do our best to offer a role that fits in with your schedule. No previous experience is necessary as training will be provided.
Typical activities may include;
• Unpacking deliveries
• Sorting and categorising donated items
• Merchandising – preparing donations for sale
• Packing items for redistribution across the charity’s shops
• Looking out for collectable or vintage items for sale on the eBay shop
• Keeping the centre clean, tidy and well organised
What we’re looking for;
• Someone who is good at working as part of a team but also able to work independently when required
• A hardworking, enthusiastic and helpful attitude
• Someone who is willing to follow guidance and processes
• Reliability is essential