Charity Retail Volunteer - Martin House eBay shop
You are invited to join the our friendly eBay shop team! Many of our 400 volunteers support us in this way. We are looking for somebody to support our existing eBay volunteers with the packaging of sold items to be sent to their winning bidders. The role may also include research on the potential values of donated items. You will be providing invaluable support to our retail provision, generating income for Martin House Hospice Children's Hospice.
If you have a particular interest in collectables, records or books then this role might be of particular interest to you! This role may also be of interest to students and young people doing their Duke of Edinburgh Award.
We take the safety of our retail volunteers seriously. All our eBay workstations are Covid-safe, with full risk assessments in place. We have gloves, masks and hand sanitiser available
This role is based at our furniture showroom on the Thorp Arch trading estate. Public transport links are limited so this role may be more suited to somebody who can drive/has a car.
No previous experience is necessary. Support you will receive from Martin House, and your involvement in our organisation includes:
• Regular contact with the manager responsible for the area with which you will volunteer
• You will gain valuable experience and understanding of the services Martin House offers
• You will be part of the work of a highly regarded UK charity
• We will reimburse reasonable expenses
• Full training and supervision will be given as appropriate for the volunteering role
• Volunteers are invited to attend an annual hospice-wide training day which includes other areas of our work
• Volunteers are invited to join the Martin House Volunteer Forum (more information available on request)
• We ask all our volunteers to follow Martin House policies and procedures
• We will need you to complete documentation relating to the role.