We are seeking an enthusiastic Volunteer Fundraiser to join our small friendly team based in Malton. We are looking for a minimum commitment of seven hours per week. The role is based at our office at Stanley Harrison House, Norton Road, Norton (next to the train station) but can be worked flexibly and remotely.
You will report to Julie Quick, Communications and Marketing Assistant but also work with the Chief Officer on funding applications to charitable trusts. We will provide you with an Induction and training in our IT systems (Office 365/Microsoft Teams) and issue you with a laptop for remote working. The role description comprises:
1. To assist the Community Counselling [CCL] Chief Officer in writing funding applications to charitable trusts;
2. To send ‘bidding letters’ to businesses, and other local organisations seeking corporate donations/sponsorship;
3. To organise fundraising events;
4. To encouraging others to fundraise or volunteer for us; including
5. To promote the client donation scheme; and
6. To promote online means of raising funds, including Virgin Money Giving; and
7. To undertake any training required to carry out this role.
Whilst previous fundraising experience would be certainly be bonus, this role would also offer valuable learning and development opportunities to someone thinking of a career in PR, marketing or fundraising skills plus the satisfaction of knowing that you will be helping to make a real difference to people’s lives. The Person Specification comprises:
1. To have a warm, friendly and engaging manner;
2. Ability and willingness to work as part of a team;
3. Ability to work on own initiative;
4. Be proficient in standard IT applications.
5. Previous fundraising experience would be a bonus;
6. Commitment to work within CCL policies and procedures;
7. Ability to build and maintain relationships;
8. Creative with a strong desire to raise funds;
9. Understanding of, and commitment to, equality and diversity;
10. Understand and respect CCL’s Charitable Objects