Occasional Helper with sighted guiding
This flexible opportunity puts you at the heart of supporting blind and partially sighted people. You could help with:
• sighted guiding / giving practical help to individuals so they can take part in events;
• supporting volunteers with sight loss with their volunteering activities;
• awareness-raising and campaigning on issues that affect those living with little or no sight;
• fundraising so we can continue to offer our amazing services and tackle social injustice.
Whether its cheering at a challenge event, helping at an information stand or store collection, guiding guests at an event, or something else, you can choose to get involved based on your availability and interests.
Please note our services cover all of North Yorkshire.
* Effective listening skills
* Good communication skills
* An understanding of issues affecting blind / partially sighted people
* Ability to digest information