Volunteer Customer Service Assistant - Whitby
Customer Service /Volunteer Till Assistant – Lunch Time cover 12 AM - 2 PM
Are you looking for a volunteer position that will help you learn new skills, build your CV and meet new friends? If so this may be the role for you! If you could Spare a couple of hours
We are looking for new Volunteer Customer Service /Till Assistants to join the super-friendly customer care team at our Ripon Branch, for Lunch cover 12 AM - 2 PM
We also have opportunities for morning afternoon and weekend volunteering to suit your schedule. All shifts come with plenty of tea, coffee, and biscuits!
This role is the face of the store, where you will meet and welcome our customers, help them find things they are looking for, and perhaps encourage them too to join our volunteer team. Our volunteer Customer service assistants have a big impact on the look and feel of the store, remembering always to thank our customers and donors, whilst at the same time being happy to talk about the work Oxfam does on defeating poverty around the world.
Full training will be provided so all you need to bring is a positive, helpful and caring attitude. We can also offer a nationally recognised NVQ qualification on customer care.
Our work fights poverty in countries all over the world, and closer to home too.
What this role offers the volunteer:
References for future job applications
The opportunity to learn new skills - full training will be given
Reimbursement for out of pocket expenses in line with Oxfam's volunteering policy
Experience working for a global charitable organisation and making a real difference
The opportunity to work as part of a diverse and friendly team
No experience is required for this role as full training will be given – our only requirements are you are reliable, enthusiastic, and committed.
Opportunity to gain nationally recognised NVQ qualifications in customer service, warehousing, retail, and management.
Customer service – welcoming and thanking our customers and donors
Managing backroom systems
Using the shop’s guidelines to sort and display stock
Creating attractive displays across the shop
Maintaining Health & Safety standards as well as identifying & solving issues
Maintaining a clean & tidy workplace
Weekday or weekend shifts available. We'd love to hear from you!
· Show your interest by clicking "Enquire about this opportunity" on VINY and we will send you an email to complete an application form.
· Pick up a Volunteer Application Form in-store, bring, post or email it to the shop. (Please do not send a CV)
· Please email, telephone or pop into the shop and ask to speak with either Lynda our shop manager, or any member of staff.
· We aim to reply to applications within two working days. If you haven’t heard from us, please check your junk folder or get in touch directly.
Once we have completed the required paperwork, you will be asked to come in for a chat with Lynda (and cup of tea)
Unit 3B, 7 New Quay Road, Whitby. YO21 1DH
Telephone: 01947 604680
Part-time hours: 2 per week
What skills and experience are we looking for?
You do not need specific skills and experience but the following would be useful:
• Commitment to Oxfam’s values of empowerment, accountability and inclusiveness.
• Ability to work within Oxfam’s policies and shop guidelines.
• An interest in retail and customer service.
• Ability to work well as part of a team and under own initiative.
• Willingness to learn.
• Attention to detail
• Honesty, reliability, and ability to work as part of a team
• An interest in charity retail
• Ability to follow instructions