Youth Council Committee Roles
Our Youth Council will be run by young people for young people and will include a diverse range of representatives, each with a deep-rooted passion for the natural world and a desire to improve the lives of young people. It will also include representatives aged 18-30 from the National Park Authority’s staff and volunteers.
It’s a critical time to join, as meetings are due to be held in January 2022 for the Youth Voice to have their say on the National Park Authority’s new Management Plan, a key policy document that outlines the future of the National Park. One Youth Voice member was also consulted during the drafting of this document.
Youth representation has never been more important - when this is considered amongst the backdrop of environmental decline and instability, never have your views been more needed.
- Be between the ages of 18 - 30
- Be able to attend regular meetings of the Youth Council (an elected committee), both online and face to face where possible
- Be able to work together with others as part of a team
- Be positive about sharing ideas and advocating for young people
- Be able to travel to different locations for meetings in the National Park (public transport is limited)
- Be an ambassador for Youth Voice
You don't need to have any experience of volunteering to participate but you do need to have a passion for representing other young people and for the development of the National Park.