SSAFA Divisional Secretary
Would you like to coordinate the local SSAFA service in your area? You don’t need a military background, just some good IT and admin skills, the ability to get on with a wide range of people and good written and spoken English.
What is a divisional secretary?
There are SSAFA branches throughout the UK and overseas. These are divided into small local areas that we call divisions. Each one has a secretary to coordinate the day-to-day business in that division. This is a key role involving administration and coordinating people. As the first point of contact for the division you will play a key part in promoting SSAFA locally, matching clients to volunteer caseworkers and supporting volunteers to get the best outcomes for their clients.
• Friendly and approachable people with some experience of coordinating people and admin
• good written and spoken English
• ability to be respectful and non-judgemental with clients, their family, other agencies and SSAFA colleagues
• ability to send and receive emails – you will receive your own SSAFA email address
• ability to coordinate a team of people volunteering
• willingness to use our on-line case management system (this is covered in the training course)
• ability to keep within boundaries of the role with regards to reporting any safety concerns etc
• reliable attitude, contact clients and volunteers promptly, keep appointments etc.
• ability to maintain confidentiality and keep information safely
• access to public transport or a car to travel to meetings, events etc.