Safe Haven Volunteer Host
Safe Havens is an innovative project supporting victims and survivors of domestic abuse to access safe accommodation quickly provided by trained, volunteer hosts and supported by a dedicated IDAS worker. The project builds on a long history of people hosting families and individuals inn their homes while they rebuild their lives. Being a safe Havens host is an opportunity to guide and support a person through challenging times. Hosting a guest who has experienced domestic abuse is incredibly rewarding. Hosts can assist a guest in many ways to reach their potential and future goals/ Being with a trained host in a host's home offers guidance and support while the guest plans for their safer future , free from abuse and violence
• The ability to volunteer sensitively and constructively with vulnerable guests.
• To have empathy and understanding for the situations the guest/s experience.
• The ability to maintain guest confidentiality.
• Be able to establish and maintain clear boundaries and expectations while hosting.
• Establish and maintain positive joint working with the IDAS team.
• Good communication and listening skills.
• The ability to work within IDAS Code of Conduct
• Able to produce practical and creative solutions to issues and problems.
• To communicate positively and promote IDAS values and beliefs.