Guide Dogs for the Blind put FUN into fundraising team and are recruiting for volunteers in Harrogate, York, Selby, and Bridlington.
“Since volunteering I have discovered that I am actually capable of organising events and remaining calm (most of the time!). I’ve gained both self-confidence and a feeling of satisfaction that I have helped to improve the lives of other people, even if only in a small way.” – Alison, Fundraiser
What you’ll be doing
We rely on volunteers like you to help us improve the lives of people with sight loss. In this role your support will include:
• Helping on stalls at local events.
• Taking Collection Boxes to local businesses.
• Manning collections at various venues.
• Attending local events organised by the team and keeping track of what we sell on our stalls (including the cuddly toys!)
• Counting donations.
• Supporting a group of like-minded people planning events and raising money.
Ideally you will:
• Have good communication skills.
• Enjoy spending time with others.
If you don’t feel you tick every box but are sure this role is the one for you, please drop us a message and tell us why. We’re open to suggestions and happy to chat with you to find out what’s possible!
Volunteering is a two-way street, so in return for your time you will get a dedicated volunteer manager/key contact who will help you settle in and support you during your time with us. You’ll also get:
• The satisfaction in knowing you are supporting people with sight loss to live actively, independently, and well.
• An opportunity to interact with others, including people within Guide Dogs and members of the public.
• An opportunity to build experience in communication and interpersonal skills.
Training and support
This role has 1 hour of training and then you’ll be ready to go! These modules include:
• Role specific training.
If you have questions about the training requirements, we can answer these at your interview along with any other support or accessibility needs you may have.
If you have questions about the training requirements, we can answer
these at your interview along with any other support or accessibility
needs you may have.
Volunteering for Guide Dogs should never leave you out of pocket.
We’ll make sure we pay any expenses related to your volunteering with
us in line with our policy.
What we need from you
Criminal Disclosure check necessary? No
We are working hard to make sure anyone who wants to can volunteer for Guide Dogs, but at the moment we have a minimum age of 18 for this particular role.
Enjoy meeting people and being part of a fundraising group