Fundraising Group Coordinator
In this lead volunteer role, you will be the key contact for fundraising in your local community to raise money from a variety of activities such as collections, social events and Tea Parties.
“My advice to people is that they shouldn’t be put off by the word ‘fundraising’. We’re about much more than that as a group. Yes, we do raise money. But it’s also about building relationships, recruiting more volunteers, merchandising, building a community.” – Shirley, Fundraising Group Coordinator
We rely on volunteers like you to help us improve the lives of people with sight loss. In this role your support will include:
• Organising and attending events and collections in your local area, such as Great Guide Dogs Tea Party. Informing your key contact and relevant members of these events.
• Building relationships with local networks, organisations, schools and social groups to host events or to name their own puppy.
• Delegating tasks and responsibilities to other volunteers within your fundraising group.
• Making sure fundraising policies and procedures are followed; including all roles are maintaining their required records.
Ideally you will:
• Be able to generate enthusiasm and motivate people.
• Have good communication and networking skills.
• Have a passion for organising events.
If you don’t feel you tick every box but are sure this role is the one for you, please drop us a message and tell us why. We’re open to suggestions and happy to chat with you to find out what’s possible!